Friday, August 24, 2012

[News] Borgore On Secret Work with Miley Cyrus; Shooting Decisions in September



Borgore’s “Decisions” has been out for about two months now, but the song got a major push when Miley Cyrus tweeted to the world this week that she was the female vocalist on the track. Her tweet caught even the Israeli dubstep DJ off guard.

“I had no idea she was gonna do it, but I’m happy that Miley likes surprises more than I do,” Borgore told Rolling Stone of the collaboration. “There was nothing to hide from my side, nor from her side. It’s super cool she did it the way she did it.”

Borgore says they kept silent about Cyrus’ involvement at first to give the track a fair shake. “Welcome to Borgore and Miley’s social experiment,” he said, laughing. “What we were trying to do is make a tune together that we’re super happy about and just see people’s real opinion about this.”


Now that it’s been revealed, he isn’t worried about any potential backlash. “If someone used to like the tune before he knew she was on it, and now he doesn’t like it just because she’s on it, he’s lying to himself,” Borgore said. “I think being nonconformist is being the biggest conformist.”

The DJ said he had no reservations about working with the pop star. “You have to understand that I grew up in Israel, and the whole ‘Hannah Montana’ thing, I’ve never seen it,” he says. “I’ve heard about this, but the Miley Cyrus persona you might have in America I don’t have.

“All I see is a super hot girl that has an amazing voice and is super fun to work with,” he said.

Once in the studio, he was impressed: “I thought she was made up more to be a star, but she was pretty phenomenal behind the booth.”

Borgore said the two will be filming a video for the track in September. After that, he is open to working with Cyrus again in the future. “I wouldn’t say no to working with Miley, ’cause I think she’s a great singer. I already proved she’s great for what I do, and if she fits in one of my next tunes and she will want to be part of it, I’ll be happy,” he said.

In the more immediate future, Borgore is relocating to Los Angeles in September and starting work on both an EP and an album. “I’m releasing an EP more for my close circle, my hardcore fans, which will be super dubstep-ish, full on,” he said. “At the same time I’m working on an album that will hopefully be out the beginning of next year. My first album needs to be special.”



Source : RollingStone.com

No comments:

Post a Comment